CFB Polls: Where Do You Get Fashion Advice?

Thursday, April 8, 2010

 Gabrielle Union can look fly with little effort.
When it comes to fashion some of us are more style savvy than others. If you were fortunate enough to have people in your family with great style, you may be ahead of the game. For me there was my mother and grandmother, whose seemingly effortless style inspired me to take fashion seriously. I began my love affair with fashion the moment my grandmother pointed me in the direction of the dress department of Bealls department store in Texas. "Pick the best you can find," she would say. Immediately I would choose the most glamorous of dresses, with sheer organza fabric, rosette details, lace, or whatever was the fanciest, but not over the top. With shoes, my grandmother, a Ferragamo addict, always suggested I get the best shoes she could afford. The lesson I learned here: Cheap shoes can ruin an outfit.  I've invested more money on shoes and handbags that any other accessory in my wardrobe. Let's face it, it's easier to play off a cheap dress when you have expensive shoes. No one can see your dress' label but they can see your shoes. So, The Chocolate Fashion Blog wants to know, where do you get your fashion advice.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

No response to “CFB Polls: Where Do You Get Fashion Advice?”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
The Chocolate Fashion Blog (TM). Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger