Queen Latifah Covers Essence Magazine (Again) for the July 2009 Issue

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It has been some time since I subscribed to Essence magazine. Mainly because like so many other black women, we are tired of seeing the same celebrities on the cover as well as the same content and articles on how manless, indebted, and dramacydal we are. The one article I found somewhat useful in this recession is the "Get Your Hustle On". While it is something I have seen before, perhaps Essence's 112 subscribers will read it and increase their income--since they'll never have a man (at least not until the venture down to the local strip club), or get out of debt. One of these days I'm going to see someone other than Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah, Will & Jada, Tyler Perry, or Jennifer Hudson on the cover, and actually read an article that has news I can use. Perhaps Amy BuBois-Barnett should be offered a job as editor-in-chief. Now, there's a woman who knows how to get hers and rework a magazine.

Comments

2 Responses to “Queen Latifah Covers Essence Magazine (Again) for the July 2009 Issue”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Hey...check me out, I made it in this issue....look in the Essence Presents Summer Shape Up Section, July Issue, towards the back of the Mag.....
check me out and spread the word, I am looking for an agency.
www.modelmayhem.com/iyaboa..

Okay, will do. : )

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
The Chocolate Fashion Blog (TM). Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger