I Can't Walk in Flats

Saturday, May 9, 2009

My closet bears more than 60 pair of shoes. About 45 of them are stilettos, pumps, or wedges. It is impossible for me to walk in flats. I feel as though I am taking twenty steps back in time when I do. Heels seem to thrust me forward as if propelling me to ascend to a higher place. Not that I won't wear flats, it's just that when I do it's terribly awkward and makes me wish they made a more comfortable high-heel, one that doesn't flop when I walk so I nearly break my neck. I wear an size 8 1/2 shoe, sometimes a 9 depending on the brand. It's weird to have to buy a size either too big or too exact. But what am I supposed to do. Being a Diva didn't say anything about wearing flats, well maybe, since the statuesque Michelle Obama made them more popular. Some dainty outfits may require a flat, a flip-flop, or even a tennis shoe. But at my best I function solely like my true self in heels. After all if you're heading to the top, don't you want the perfect heel to help you get there?

Comments

No response to “I Can't Walk in Flats”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
The Chocolate Fashion Blog (TM). Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger